Jan 8, 2013

Continuing on. Don't we just have to??

While I'm waiting for somebody to come out and fix my bathroom, I thought I'd post some more DC photos.   To catch you up, which I'm sure you are less than interested in my plumbing problems, I remembered during the night sometime that I had a home warranty on this house for problems occurring.   I wasn't going to renew it because it was more upfront money that the warranty got its use out of and I thought it was gone anyway.  But I went into my files and found it and saw that there was one more month on it.  I called them and they hemmed and hawed and asked me two million questions and had to get somebody to okay the claim.   They did and I don't trust them too much but they finally ok'd it to come out have a look-see.

I'll let you know what they will or will not do.

So back to Washington DC.



I wanted to go down to the National Cathedral.  I hadn't been there in about 15 years or so.  In fact, I wanted to go everywhere in two weeks but those darn people like to go to work.   Honestly!

:)

I should've edited these photos but I didn't.  That building sticks out all over the place.  When I rode the metro before, you could see it laying out there over the landscape.

At the top with the construction is where the earthquake in 2011 took off some of the towers.


Well, what can I say.   This is my favorite gargoyle.   There are gargoyles all over that building.   Go to Alice's blog and see up close photos.  While I was wandering around inside, she went outside and took closeup pictures of them.  Really interesting.



This is my favorite stained window as is 99 % of everybody's.   So big.  The Rose.  I got a window hanging of it and brought home to Debbie for Hank-sitting those two weeks.



Cool, eh?


This was interesting.   The towers that fell and broke during the earthquake. 


I know.  It's hard to read.  Like I say, I didn't edit these photos.





It's supposed to be put back together someday.  Sure hope so.  Totally beautiful building.   Next post - the inside and those gorgeous stained windows.

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you have a home warranty. I always have one on our homes and they have saved me some serious money in the past. Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly a wonderful old piece of history and it looks like a castle. love that round window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think that you even found your paperwork is a very good sign. Yay! They will do something, of that I am sure and something is better than nothing.

    I have never seen the National Cathedral up close like this. It has been very interesting. That gargoyle is the cutest gargoyle I've ever seen...I had no idea that they could be so tame. Off to visit your daughter's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that my favorite here is the little cat gargoyle. I have passed the cathedral many times, but never seen it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very odd gargoyle!

    good luck with the plumbing! glad you thought about the homeowner warranty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the National Cathedral--and give donations to them. In turn, we get all of the updates and emails about the earthquake damage and repair. It really is sad, isn't it --and will take some time to get it all fixed. I'm glad though that there wasn't even more damage. There could have been you know.... Yipes...

    Hope you get that warranty work straightened out and done.. We had a similar warranty agreement once --and everytime we 'tried' to use it, they would wiggle out of it saying it wasn't covered... Good Luck.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also have a home warranty that we have kept in force but often I am not impressed at all with the plumbers the insurance company sends out and their very cheap, half-a**ed fix-up (excuse my descriptive asterisks ;-). I have not seen the National Cathedral but would love to! We are planning our next trip to D.C. as a special graduation gift to Josh when he graduates! We are very excited. It will be his very first time in the Nation's Capitol and there are so many amazing things to see and experience. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Good luck with your plumbing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a massive building. Sadly I don't remember seeing it when we were there. Love Alice's gargoyles and grotesques.

    ReplyDelete