Mar 4, 2014

Police dogs are very loud at midnight.

I was sleeping peacefully last night and I began to be awakened by F words.   And I wasn't dreaming.  There was a bunch of idiots out front.   We have idiots across the street.  It's a rental house so you know what that means.   Don't judge me.  Basically, if these people live anywhere on the earth, there's going to be trouble.  Some guy was screaming and yelling and F-ing.  Kind of annoying at midnight as well as any other time.   

So I got up and put on a sweatshirt and pants and walked outside to see what the heck was going on.    When I got out there it was quiet as a mouse.  The only thing different was that the garage door was open on this one particular house.   I thought then something's going on.

I came back in and took off the sweatshirt and took off the pants and got into bed again and turned the television on.   By this time Hank has been ruffled by the activity (he sleeps in the garage for some reason)  and he was laying right beside me.   Which is not his usual M.O.

About ten minutes later, there was all this yelling again and F-ing again.  So.  .  .   I got up, put on the sweatshirt, put on the pants, wondered if I should call the police, walked out front and thirty seconds later these two policemen came swooping in and braking their cars at a first rate speed in front of my driveway.   Saved me a phone call.    They had some of the family and the two little kids probably 3 and 5 years old outside lining them up and asking the oldest if she had any weapons on her.  They were put behind the police cars and the two policemen went to the house and looked all over with their flashlights.

(I wonder what kind of flashlights they use because I want one.   The light coming from one of them could wake the dead.)

One searched around while the other guarded the family.  The searching one came back and got a BIG gun from his trunk and took it up and aimed it through the garage.    So yeah.  I'm smart.   Now I knew that there was somebody in the house who wouldn't come out.   
  
After a while another police car came with dogs.  And when those dogs know they are going "on duty" .  .  .  .  Holy Cow they are loud !   I was wondering why nobody else heard them at this very quiet time of night.   Or perhaps I was the only stupid one and wandered outside to watch.   The police knew I was standing on the front of my patio there.  They never said anything to me.

They took the dogs to the door and yelled the command that whoever was in there needed to come out or they would send the dogs in and be bitten.  Then four more police cars showed up.  It was my very own  "Cops" television show.

 I would love to tell you what happened after that.  I would love it more if I could tell you what it was all about.  But there's not much.   They made their way into the house and eventually the family went in the house, also.   All of the policemen were in the house.  They never brought anybody out.  The dogs went home in their police car.

It got very boring. 

 Hank was blanketed away on my bed. 

 I decided to join him.

I'll never know why or what.   

But I did feel sorry for those little kids that had to be part of it due to some very stupid person or people.

People like that should not be allowed to have children.

8 comments:

  1. thanks for my morning Roll on the floor laughing and also my husband, maybe we could get this on TV since the post is more entertaining than TV... bob said to tell you if i were there you would have company. each time a cop car or fire engine or ems stops in our street i am hanging out watching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had neighbors like this, and it sure is a rude way to wake! The vulgar language and those poor kids. I wonder what in the world was going on? I would have been looking out the windows for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right...what those kids went through due to some ones else's actions, is a crime. Thankfully you and Hank were safe. People can be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story is a real screenplay by police.
    I have wonderful neighbors and luckily I do not have these problems.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a bad scene from a bad movie. Like you, I always wonder how these people get through life and WHY they had kids to subject to terror! Scheez............so sad.

    If you find out where the police got the flashlight, let me know! That could come in handy on a camping trip when you have to go to the outhouse at 3am!

    Renters. They can be iffy or great (we rented several times in our lives and always left the house in better shape than we found it in) but then there are the idiots. Interestingly, our idiot just moved out from next door. Guess the 2nd DUI was enough for him to exit the area........and he was on our town board. That's rich, huh? Some people.

    Hope Spring is well under way in AZ. We're warming into the 40's and I saw a fly today. There is hope.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW how exciting to watch this all transpire right outside your house. Glad nobody got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you all the way on this one. Many people should not breed and pass the stupid gene on to this next generation. Sorry that you had to put up with all of that BS. They should have let the dogs go in.......just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a bit of midnight excitement! I hate it when that happen. We have had similar stuff go on in our neighborhood including the drive-by shooting that happened around the corner last summer. Another time, a husband/wife or a couple of significant other live-ins had a bad fight in the middle of the night and went out in their garage and front yard and starting yelling F bombs at each other and throwing mirrors and other glass objects at each other. Pretty wild - and all that in our nice, quiet little Gilbert neighborhood. Thank goodness the main town police station is just up the road. I have "Gilbert's Finest" on speed dial. Hope things calm down in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete